What Baccarat Games Can You Play in NJ Online Casinos?
Alright, baccarat gambling may not be as statewide as online blackjack, roulette, or slot games, but chances are still high that you can play online baccarat for real money at your favorite NJ online casino.
All in all, there are three free baccarat game options available to players in New Jersey (yes, best baccarat casinos also allow you to bet real money if you choose to gamble for real).
Baccarat by NetEnt. Filed under the low volatility category, this game is by far the most popular: you can find it in 5 NJ online casinos. It stays true to the classic rules of the game and allows bets as low as $1.
If you prefer to bet big, you can go all the way to $1,000 in a single wager. Return to Player (RTP) is a whopping 98.94%, with the largest payout possible capped at $9,000.
Baccarat by IGT. This spin-on-the-table game welcomes players at three different online casinos. The bets can range between $1 and $1,000, with the biggest payout possible limited at the $8,000 mark.
However, this version of the game comes with a slightly lower RTP (98.7%) than its NetEnt and Roxor counterparts.
Baccarat by Roxor. It may not be as popular with casinos as the other two games, but it comes with the same RTP as NetEnt’s version (98.94%). The bet can vary between $1 and $1,000, too.
These three games are available across seven online casinos licensed to operate in the Garden State. Here’s what welcome offers they have in stock for new players:
- Resorts Casino. You can get up to $1,000 as a deposit bonus with your first deposit. However, the wagering requirement for table games is obscenely high: 150x.
- Mohegan Casino. We could just copy and paste the terms and conditions of the offer above here – it’s the same as Resorts’.
- Golden Nugget. This casino will also match your first deposit (upward of $30 and up to $1,000 max). The wagering requirement on those sweet casino bonuses is 10x the sum of the deposit and bonus itself. Still, table games contribute only 25% towards it.
- Borgata Casino. Surprisingly enough, there are no welcome offers for new players at this casino right now.
- Caesars Casino. Caesars matches up to $1,000 of your first deposit with the same amount in bonus dollars. You’ll have 7 days to meet the wagering requirement of 25x for games other than video poker and slots.
- Suppose you deposit up from $10 for the first time at Tropicana. In that case, you’ll get a cashback of $100 max on it (not with bonus dollars – we’re talking about gambling online for real money here). The amount will equal either the deposit itself or the first week’s net losses.
Important: the minimum age for any sort of online gambling in New Jersey is 21. So, if you’re under 21, you cannot access casino games.
How to Play Baccarat – Learn the Rules
Don’t let yourself be intimidated by this game. It is simple: you bet on which of the two parties (the Banker or the Player) gets the better hand of two playing cards.
The “better hand” in this game means two cards’ value is the closest to or equals 9. Cards values are as follows:
- Cards from 2 to 9 are worth their face value;
- Ace is worth 1 point;
- 10, Jack, Queen, and King have no value at all.
If you get a 2 and a 4, your hand is worth 6 points. If you get a 9 and a 4, your hand’s value equals the second digit of the sum (3 instead of 13).
Online Baccarat Gameplay
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how the game unfolds:
- Players place their bets on the player, the banker, or a tie (more on them – below).
- Both the player and the banker are dealt their hands – two cards. They are then turned over.
- If one of the hands is worth 8 or 9 points, it’s a natural win. If you bet on the player and the player got a win, you won your bet. If both hands are natural wins, it’s a tie.
- If neither party scored a natural win, the player might get a third card added to the hand – but only if they have between 0 and five points so far. (If they scored 6 or 7, they don’t get the third card dealt.)
- In case the third card is given, the banker may get the third card, too. Whether or not that happens depends on the player’s third card and the banker’s current total points.
Major Baccarat Bets and Payouts
The beauty of baccarat games online is how straightforward betting is. There are just three types of wagers you can place:
- layer bet. You’re putting your money on the player getting the better hand than the banker. If you win, you double your wager.
- Banker bet. It means you’re placing your faith in the banker getting the better hand than the player. It pays out twice as your bet if you win, minus a commission fee in most casinos (usually 5%).
- Tie bet. Basically, you’re hoping for both the player and the banker getting 8 or 9. The payout is lucrative – usually, it’s 8 to 1.
The Banker has a slight advantage over the player. That’s why their hand is more likely to be a winning one. The odds of that happening are 45.8%, while the player wins in 44.6% of all cases. The rest – 9.6% – accounts for the cases where a tie occurs.