Top Picks to Play Baccarat for Real Money Right Away
When it comes to baccarat sites available toNew Jersey players, we must admit there aren’t many casinos to choose from. We checked every single of the state’s licensed casino brands and discovered that, at the moment of writing, only a handful of casino brands allow players to wager bonus funds on baccarat games. Obviously, it has everything to do with the baccarat’s house edge, 1.06%, which is lower than other table casino games.
Long story short, here is the list of three casino sites that don’t restrict players to wager bonus funds on baccarat games.
Golden Nugget NJ
Golden Nugget offers New Jersey players a whopping welcome bonus of a 100% Deposit Match up to $1,000 + 200 Bonus Spins. To get started, a player must deposit at least $30. The deposit match bonus funds and 200 Bonus Spins on 88 Fortunes Megaways will be credited instantly.
The wagering requirements are 10x the deposit. According to the official Golden Nugget’s T&Cs, baccarat games contribute 25% towards wagering.
There is a ‘but’ though: baccarat games, unlike slot games or other casino games, are restricted to a max bonus bet of $200 per wager. Golden Nugget has two variations of baccarat, one from NetEnt and the other one powered by IGT. The bet range is $1 – $1,000 per round.
Tropicana Casino is the second casino that allows players to wager their bonus funds on baccarat. Good old Tropicana online casino has been operating in the Garden State from the very beginning in 2013. Today, Tropicana offers a 100% Bonus Match on players’ first deposit up to $500.
The playthrough requirements are quite large – 100x. Yes, you’ve read it right. Offer’s T&Cs don’t clearly specify how much baccarat contributes towards wagering. They simply say that all table games contribute 20% towards satisfying Wagering Requirements.
In other words, if you deposit $100 and get $100 bonus funds, with 100x wagering requirements you’ll have to wager $50,000 on baccarat to withdraw bonus winnings.
Playing baccarat games with bonus funds at Tropicana is probably not the optimal choice, but if you are a huge fan of baccarat, enjoy the play regardless.
Unibet NJ Casino entered the New Jersey market through a partnership with Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City in 2019.
Unibet offers new customers a 50% Deposit Match up to $1,000 welcome bonus with a $10 minimum deposit and a list of convenient payment methods with low withdrawal limits. For this bonus, players must meet 25x wagering requirements within 30 days from the day bonus funds were awarded.
Bonus’ terms and conditions state that all table games contribute only 10% towards bonus wagering, or every $100 wagered on baccarat contributes only $10.
What Baccarat Games Can You Play in NJ Online Casinos?
Alright, baccarat gambling may not be as statewide as online blackjack, roulette, or slot games, but chances are still high that you can play online baccarat for real money at your favorite NJ online casino.
All in all, there are three free baccarat game options available to players in New Jersey (yes, best baccarat casinos also allow you to bet real money if you choose to gamble for real).
Baccarat by NetEnt. Filed under the low volatility category, this game is by far the most popular: you can find it in 5 NJ online casinos. It stays true to the classic rules of the game and allows bets as low as $1.
If you prefer to bet big, you can go all the way to $1,000 in a single wager. Return to Player (RTP) is a whopping 98.94%, with the largest payout possible capped at $9,000.
Baccarat by IGT. This spin-on-the-table game welcomes players at three different online casinos. The bets can range between $1 and $1,000, with the biggest payout possible limited at the $8,000 mark.
However, this version of the game comes with a slightly lower RTP (98.7%) than its NetEnt and Roxor counterparts.
Baccarat by Roxor. It may not be as popular with casinos as the other two games, but it comes with the same RTP as NetEnt’s version (98.94%). The bet can vary between $1 and $1,000, too.
These three games are available across seven online casinos licensed to operate in the Garden State. Here’s what welcome offers they have in stock for new players:
- Resorts Casino. You can get up to $1,000 as a deposit bonus with your first deposit. However, the wagering requirement for table games is obscenely high: 150x.
- Mohegan Casino. We could just copy and paste the terms and conditions of the offer above here – it’s the same as Resorts’.
- Golden Nugget. This casino will also match your first deposit (upward of $30 and up to $1,000 max). The wagering requirement on those sweet casino bonuses is 10x the sum of the deposit and bonus itself. Still, table games contribute only 25% towards it.
- Borgata Casino. Surprisingly enough, there are no welcome offers for new players at this casino right now.
- Caesars Casino. Caesars matches up to $1,000 of your first deposit with the same amount in bonus dollars. You’ll have 7 days to meet the wagering requirement of 25x for games other than video poker and slots.
- Suppose you deposit up from $10 for the first time at Tropicana. In that case, you’ll get a cashback of $100 max on it (not with bonus dollars – we’re talking about gambling online for real money here). The amount will equal either the deposit itself or the first week’s net losses.
Important: the minimum age for any sort of online gambling in New Jersey is 21. So, if you’re under 21, you cannot access casino games.
How to Play Baccarat – Learn the Rules
Don’t let yourself be intimidated by this game. It is simple: you bet on which of the two parties (the Banker or the Player) gets the better hand of two playing cards.
The “better hand” in this game means two cards’ value is the closest to or equals 9. Cards values are as follows:
- Cards from 2 to 9 are worth their face value;
- Ace is worth 1 point;
- 10, Jack, Queen, and King have no value at all.
If you get a 2 and a 4, your hand is worth 6 points. If you get a 9 and a 4, your hand’s value equals the second digit of the sum (3 instead of 13).
Online Baccarat Gameplay
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how the game unfolds:
- Players place their bets on the player, the banker, or a tie (more on them – below).
- Both the player and the banker are dealt their hands – two cards. They are then turned over.
- If one of the hands is worth 8 or 9 points, it’s a natural win. If you bet on the player and the player got a win, you won your bet. If both hands are natural wins, it’s a tie.
- If neither party scored a natural win, the player might get a third card added to the hand – but only if they have between 0 and five points so far. (If they scored 6 or 7, they don’t get the third card dealt.)
- In case the third card is given, the banker may get the third card, too. Whether or not that happens depends on the player’s third card and the banker’s current total points.
Major Baccarat Bets and Payouts
The beauty of baccarat games online is how straightforward betting is. There are just three types of wagers you can place:
- layer bet. You’re putting your money on the player getting the better hand than the banker. If you win, you double your wager.
- Banker bet. It means you’re placing your faith in the banker getting the better hand than the player. It pays out twice as your bet if you win, minus a commission fee in most casinos (usually 5%).
- Tie bet. Basically, you’re hoping for both the player and the banker getting 8 or 9. The payout is lucrative – usually, it’s 8 to 1.
The Banker has a slight advantage over the player. That’s why their hand is more likely to be a winning one. The odds of that happening are 45.8%, while the player wins in 44.6% of all cases. The rest – 9.6% – accounts for the cases where a tie occurs.